Starting the Conversation
You are uncomfortable because of the vaginal dryness, burning, itching, and sometimes painful or urgent need to urinate that come after menopause. But if you can talk to your doctor about your postmenopausal symptoms, you can treat them.
If you feel that you have any of these symptoms, ESTRING® (estradiol vaginal ring) may be able to help. Take the first step toward treatment. Use the guide below to help you start the conversation with your doctor.
- I have some questions about symptoms that I have been experiencing lately.
- I’ve been experiencing the urgent need to urinate. Sometimes it even hurts. Is this normal?
- I know that menopause causes changes like mood swings and hot flashes, but I've been feeling some other things lately and am wondering if they are normal?
- I’ve been experiencing some vaginal discomfort, and I’m wondering if there is anything I can do about it.
Tips for your appointment
- Before you go, make a list of the symptoms you’re experiencing and a list of any medications you are taking.
- Print out the discussion guide and take it with you to your appointment.
- Make sure that you get answers to every question you have. If you don’t understand something, don’t be afraid to ask your doctor to explain it again.
Next Section: Side Effects and Risk Factors >